Double Wall, Acid Resistant Polypropylene Total-Exhaust Fume Hood/Work Station
The Salare FCE-DW (double wall) range of polypropylene ducted fume hoods is the first range to have our new baffle design. Our new baffle design streamlines the air flow through the fume hood to remove contaminants in a single pass with very low turbulence which greatly enhances operator protection.
With our double wall range both the left and right sides of the unit incorporate the traditional double wall design allowing space for services with easy front access to valves and other desired components. This allows the services and components to interface with outlets through the inner walls for maximum convenience and safety.
Services may drop from the ceiling, come through the rear or even through the bottom of the unit with easy access into the service chases.
Salare can customize any of our fume hood ranges to meet your specific need or wish. As in all our ranges the FCE-DW is available in practically any size desired and is manufactured in all polypropylene, flame retardant polypropylene, or almost any weldable plastic of your choice.
Supplied with its own base cabinet, these ranges of fume hoods are built to order and may be coordinated to match existing laboratory furniture upon request. The FCE-DW is a fine addition to any laboratory for years of trouble free operation.
Standard Features Include:
- Constructed from all white stress relieved, acid resistant, non-corrosive polypropylene. All heat seam welded and tested.
- Material selection for use with harsh acids and other corrosive applications.
- Double wall construction allows chase for services on either side with removable side panels, both inside and out.
- The front of the unit will incorporate a raised front lip for spill containment with airfoil.
- The work top will be from ½-inch thick polypropylene, and will be heat seam welded and leak tested.
- Heavy duty clear, abrasion resistant polycarbonate (Lexan), vertically gliding counter-weighted front sash with safety stops and built-in airfoil of soft PVC for smooth air entry.
- Sash working height is 18 inches of opening and stops may be by-passed when needed.
- Incorporates a rear baffle and internal ceiling panel for horizontal air flow.
- Unit to have overhead by-pass grille to maintain a relatively constant air flow regardless of sash position to eliminate air turbulence by controlling velocity changes within the fume hood.
- Supplied with a fluorescent light fixture, in all-polypropylene fume tight compartment, all welded with a translucent polypropylene lens.
- Supplied with digital air flow monitor with built in light switch and audible and visible alarm functions for constant monitoring of exhaust air.
- Located on the top is a junction box to allow for electrical connection.
- Configured for 120VAC, 60Hz -or- 230VAC, 50Hz electrical access (preference requested).
- A 10-inch diameter top-located exhaust collar allows for customer connection. Units 6-feet and wider will have two (2) exhaust connections.
- Shipped assembled, fully tested and ready to use.