||Click on Thumbnails to View Images
LFE Series - Free-standing, Laminar Flow, Total-exhaust Work Station
LFES Series - Free-standing, Laminar Flow, Total-exhaust, Work Station
LFR Series - Laminar Flow Filtering/Non-Ducted Work Station
VLF Series - Vertical Laminar Flow Filtering/Non-Ducted Work Station
HLF-WM Series - Horizontal Laminar Flow Filtering/Non-Ducted Work Station
Laminar Flow and Total Exhaust Fume Hood.
The LFES is a chemical work station designed to provide optimum protection to the operator and ensure no particulate contamination to your product process.
Its functions supply clean sterile air over your process while an inward flow, as in a conventional fume hood,
protects the operator.
This versatile laminar air flow and exhaust work station may be configured as:
- A total exhaust fume hood with supply air off, or
- A laminar flow hood with the exhaust fan off
In either mode its unique design offers secondary containment for any spills that may occur and allows the operator to set the desired air flow rate.
Standard specifications include:
- Constructed entirely from non-corrosive polypropylene with a clear abrasion resistant polycarbonate (Lexan) safety shield.
- Cool white fluorescent lighting in a fume tight compartment.
- 90% efficiency, type DP 1-40 Prefilter (Pleated).
- Supply fan(s) 220VAC 50 Hz or 120VAC 60 Hz 1200 CFM.
- Constructed from all white stress-relieved, acid resistant, non-corrosive
polypropylene, all heat seam welded, and tested.
- Specific material selection for use with harsh corrosive acids and trace
- The unit incorporates a top located filtration system powered by a dynamically
balanced motorized impeller for even air distribution and excellent energy
efficiency resulting in quiet operation. The design creates a negative environment
around the entire filter, thus making it impossible to bypass the filter media.
Punctured or inadequate seals do not present contamination problem due to this
- The filter will have an efficiency of 99.997% (H-14) down to 0.3 micron particle
size, giving a class 100 environment.
- The filtration system draws room air through a top-located 90% pre-filter
into its positive plenum and through the HEPA filter, showering clean sterile
air over the work top.
- The work top is constructed from ½-inch thick polypropylene,
segmented for easy access and cleaning, and perforated to enhance linear flow
downward into the secondary containment system. The work top is located 35
inches off the floor.
- A standard 1-inch raised front lip prevents any spillage out through
the front of the unit and is covered with an airfoil.
- Incorporated is a fluorescent light fixture in a fume tight enclosure
with all plastic hardware and a clear acrylic lens.
- Below the secondary containment is just enough room to allow for storage
space. This storage space is accessed via (2) two hinged doors in front
and internally removable panels in the rear.
- The double wall construction allows chase for services on either side
with removable side panels both inside and out.
- The front of the unit includes a counter weighted heavy duty abrasion
resistant clear polycarbonate (Lexan) front sash, vertically gliding, fitted
with sash stops.
- The sash maximum working height is 16 inches of opening and stops may
be by-passed when maximum access is needed.
- Sash shall be equipped with a position sensor (switch) with primary
contacts to control the blower speed and the secondary contacts for the variable
air volume control.
- The rear located polypropylene counter balance is of a non shearing
design, thus broken cables do not present the harm that individual weights
- Supplied with solid state motor control to preset downward flow of clean
- Includes a soft PVC airfoil on the sash for comfort and smooth air entry.
- Unit supplied with front filter access panel for filter replacement
and front mounted Minihelic Pressure Gauge to help determine filter life.
- Supplied with digital air flow monitor with built in light switch and
audible and visible alarm functions for constant monitoring of exhaust
- The base cabinet has adjustable louvers for base cabinet venting.
- The base cabinet is supplied with polypropylene pad and stainless steel
stem adjustable levelers, and they may be removed if outer metal content
is very critical.
- Exhaust opening is 4 inches x 30 inches (or can be customized to specific
- Electrical requirement is 120VAC, 60Hz or 240VAC, 50Hz.
- For trace metal use, the unit is supplied with a non-metallic HEPA filter
separatorless and a PVC diffuser fitting snugly full width and length of
the work zone and held in place with polypropylene screws.
- Shipped assembled, fully tested and ready to use.